Take a scenic sunset cruise aboard the Tall Ship Alliance II on the York River from the Riverwalk Landing Pier. Come aboard and enjoy the evening views of the York River while enjoying a beverage from our ships’ galley.
Schooner Alliance II: Yorktown Sightseeing Day Sail
- Adult Ages 13+
- Children Ages 12 & Under
- Infants Under 12 Months Old • Must Book 1 Adult First
Come aboard the Schooner Alliance II for a Yorktown Sightseeing Day Sail!
Experience an Exciting & Unique Time in America’s History!
Sail the Yorktown area with Yorktown Sailing Charters! Hop on board with our professional crew to see the amazing New England sights. Check out more details on this Yorktown sightseeing day sail below. Tickets can be purchased up to one month in advance!
- Daytime Sightseeing Cruise on the York River
- This trip is more than a sail, its an opportunity to experience an exciting and unique time in America’s history
- For families with young children (10 & under), we recommend the Pirate Sail
Enjoy a daytime cruise aboard the Tall Ship Alliance II on the York River from the Riverwalk Landing Pier. Immerse yourself in 300 years of history and enjoy the village streets and paths overlooking the York River before you board the ship. (For families with young kids you may want to consider the Pirate Adventure Sail.)
Sights may include:
- Dolphins or Osprey
- 18th Century homes
- Naval warships or submarines
- The Revolutionary Battlefield where our country won its independence!
- Victory Monument on the banks of the York River
- The Scenic Riverwalk and beach
Please also note that sails run from Memorial Day weekend through the beginning of November. If the date you desire to attend is not yet on the calendar, please check back soon! You can only purchase tickets up to one month in advance.
Four centuries ago, Captain John Smith explored the waters around Yorktown aboard a small sailing vessel while trading with the Powhatan Indians. Join him in spirit when you sail the Serenity.
Lend a hand at setting sail, enjoy a beverage or snack from the ship’s galley, or just listen to the sound of the wind as we glide along under a cloud of canvas.
This trip is so much more than just a sail – it’s an opportunity to experience an exciting and unique time in America’s history!
Please keep in mind that while our trips are relaxing cruises on the river and not narrated tours, the crew will point out sights along the river and talk about local history in the beginning of the sail. You are always welcome to ask the captain and crew any questions about what you are seeing.
- Please wear flat-soled shoes – avoid heels or platforms.
- Bring a jacket in the cooler months as the temperature gets cooler on the water than on land.
- A camera to capture all the sights!
- Extra cash with you to buy snacks or drinks on board, and for a crew gratuity.
- A valid ID if you want to buy alcohol on board.
Tips for your hardworking crew are greatly appreciated.
- Virginia law prohibits consuming outside alcohol aboard, but we can sell it underway and to go!
- Please do not bring excessive personal foods and be mindful of packaging that can become litter.- No coolers/ice chests!
- Do not bring large items (e.g. luggage) since there is limited storage space on board.